Since its formation in 2008 under the guidance of Rev Fr Joseph Kanappilly, Assistant Priest who supported the weekly Malayalam Mass at Church of St. Stephen, this community has grown spiritually through its monthly praise and worship and Bible sharing sessions. Celebrations of Kerala festivals and other get-togethers have made for a well-bonded community.
When the Sunday Malayalam Mass at St Stephen’s ceased in 2014, members of the Community continued to serve in various ministries. In 2015, under the guidance of Rev Fr Salim Joseph (Malayalam commission Chaplain) and supported by Rev Fr John Khoo (Parish Priest), our community of about 20 families made all the arrangements for Good Friday service in Malayalam held at St Stephen, which was attended by more than thousand laity from all over Singapore.
1. Monthly family prayer, Bible sharing and fellowship.
2. Contributing to the Archdiocesan Commission for Malayalam Apostolate, Singapore by supporting its Masses, charismatic retreats and other activities.
3. Get-togethers to share Joy and Love during Easter, Christmas and Kerala state festival Onam.
4. Members do church cleaning (once a month), and serve as Wardens, Altar Servers and Communion Ministers.
– Monthly prayer meeting every First Saturday of the month @ 7:30PM held at member’s home (rotational basis).
– Divine Mercy rosary by Children every Saturday @ 3PM over the phone.
Contacts for enquiry: Mary :90364550; Jismy :92707510; Xavier :98580170; Jomon :96525370
Prayer group formed in 1977 under the guidance of Rev Fr Joachim Teng, Parish Priest. The purpose was to have a community for Malayali housewives and elderly women to share their experience and daily challenges. Also actively help those who are in need through prayers, monetary and moral support.
1. Active involvement in daily mass and adoration (Maundy Thursday)
2. Participate in Novena church feast and procession arrangements.
Contacts for enquiry: Leeyama: 67462778
To build a community of faith, foster Christian values in members and integrate the Malayali community into the Parish through service in various Church ministries.